My Precious Kid’s Hillsboro Oregon store will close approximately April 30th. The website will have a new owner and will continue. http://www.mypreciouskid.comWe want to thank you for your past business and encourage you to support our amazing new owner. She is a local mom who will take the business home. My Precious Kid started as a home based business in 2001 and remained home for 7 years. So this change takes us back to our roots. We will announce the name of the new owner very soon.Please sign up for our newsletter so you receive the news, specials, and coupons offered by our new website owner.SALE: Today everything in the store is 20% off. That means 20% off the full prices items the new owner will continuing to carry such as child safety products, cloth diapers, Ergo baby carriers, and amber necklaces.That also means an additional 20% off CLEARANCE prices on items not being carried by the new owner: Some diaper brands, toys, detergent, and a few special brands in our other categories.These discounts are IN STORE only and limited to stock on hand. These special prices are not available online.GIFT CARDS: If you have any gift cards for the retail store these must be redeemed before the store closes. They are not valid online. Stop by today.BACK ROOM: Additionally we have started cleaning out the back room and have a whole section of the store on SALE. This includes office supplies, kids videos, business building books, chair mat, Christmas tree, silk plants, laminator, and much more. It is like a garage sale section in our store. Do you know someone setting up a home office. Send them to our store to buy office supplies and organizational products at 50% off retail prices.FREE GIFT: I would love to offer you a free gift. Go to https://www.sendoutcards.com/kaygreen and send out a free card on me. This is a real greeting card sent in the mail to a friend or loved one.KEEP UP WITH KAY: If you want to keep up with me after the sale you can find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/kaygreenskorner or join my private group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kaykorner/Feel free to follow or friend request me as well. Kay Collins GreenThank you for your amazing support. My Precious Kid will celebrate 14 years in business in May because of your support.continue reading
Having 4 kids it seems like someone always needs a gift for a birthday party at the last moment. You know kids, they get ready to leave for school and say “Hey mom I need a gift for Jimmy’s party this afternoon” UGH!!!
What do you do? Pull out cash out of your wallet to slip in a card. Or pick up your child after school and take them to the store to buy a gift. There a meltdown happens when your child can not understand why you will not buy that $50 item.
I have solved this issue in my house. We have a gift closet. I watch all the time for items to place in this closet.
I pick up:
1. Clearance rack toys and gifts – SALE items
2. Free items or shipping only items online.
3. Barter my products for other WAHM products
I use the same techniques for baby shower gifts and house warming gifts. My closet has a little bit of everything. Nothing in there is over $10 so I keep to my budget. For a special persons gift I might choose several items from the closet and put them together in a basket.
My kids know they can go to the closet to choose a gift for their friend anytime. I save a ton of money this way! And less tears from my kids at the store. And I can buy when I have the money rather than a few days before payday when money is shorter.
I hope your gift closet blesses you as much as it has me.
Article written by Kay Green, Child Safety Expert, and Christian mom to 4 kids and Nana to 6 grands. Kay and Russell, her husband of 33 years live in rural Oregon.
http://www.MyPreciousKid.com Child Safety, Cloth Diaper & Baby Gear Store
http://www.KayGreen.com Author and Family Site
http://www.BuildItRightBusiness.com Helping others build businesses
Kay has also joined Send Out Cards – A Greeting Card Business
COPYRIGHT 2000-2015 My Precious Kid, Kay Green.continue reading
All rights reserved. Reprinting is only with this author’s box and copyright intact.
Each child has a chart with 6-12 chores/activities I want them to do every day. It might include hygiene, music, pets, and homework, whatever I am trying to get them to accomplish each day. Each child vacuums one room in the house every day and has one kitchen chore each day. I pay 10 cents for each chore. Or give them tokens per chore to be cashed in for allowance.
Each child does 2 large chores a week. We call them Friday chores. One is their room complete (sheets, laundry away, toys, vacuum, etc) and the second is another room in the house (their bathroom mopped & scrubbed, or kitchen scrubbed & mopped) I pay $1 each for these weekly chores.
Now I am hearing you say “That is a lot of money!” Well think of all the times you give them $1 here and $5 there to go somewhere (McDonald’s, the ice cream truck, etc). Now I don’t! They use their money for tithe first, then outings, music, friend’s birthday gifts, and other wants. I still pay for needs, and they pay for wants!
It gives me the perfect opportunity to teach them about budgeting and I get less hassle about chores. They even have an “extra” category for anything else I ask them to do or when they have to do a siblings chore! I do not hear anymore “That is not my job”.
I pay every week or every 2 weeks when daddy gets paid. Then I help them figure out their tithe 10%, put money in savings 10% and budget the rest for the next 2 weeks. After years with this system I have teenagers who can budget and plan wisely. I also have kids who know how to clean and how to do laundry. I want them to be self-sufficient when they leave my home. They all cook regularly too. I hope these tips will help your family as much as they have helped mine. Blessings to you and your family.
Articles written by Kay Green, Child Safety Expert, and Christian mom to 4 kids and Nana to 6 grands. Kay and Russell, her husband of 35 years live in Oregon.
http://www.MyPreciousKid.com Child Safety, Cloth Diaper & Baby Gear Storecontinue reading
http://www.KayGreen.com Author and Family Site
http://www.BuildItRightBusiness.com Helping others build businesses
Kay has also joined Send Out Cards – A Greeting Card Business
We are excited at My Precious Kid to offer a free goodie bag of items from My Precious Kid to one lucky winner. The bag contains items valued at $67:
1 Skip Hop Bib
1 Skip Hop Snack Bag Set
1 Nawgum Teether
1 Mustache Teether
1 Buckle Guard
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The ‘Child Gift Pack – Value $67’ (“Sweepstakes”) begins on 04/10/2015 at 02:00 PM (Pacific Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 04/20/2015 at 12:00 PM (Pacific Time (US & Canada)) (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of My Precious Kid (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of USA Only who are Age 18+ or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by 48 hours by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result inprize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
– 1 (#) winner(s) will receive [(1) Child Gift Pack – Value $67] (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $67.00)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within USA Only. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at http://www.mypreciouskid.com/blog/2015/04/giveaway-child-pack-67-value/.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to My Precious Kid cc: Child Gift Pack – Value $67 at 633 SE Baseline St, Hillsboro OR 97123. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by My Precious Kid, 633 SE Baseline St, Hillsboro OR 97123, firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
As we are reducing inventory getting ready to hand over the online business to the new owner, you get the benefit!
At our Hillsboro store there will be a discount for in stock products. These discounts will not be eligible online.
Stop by for the best selection.
Inventory Reduction Sale 15% off regular priced in stock items.
Additional 10% off clearance items. Limited to stock on hand.
As inventory reduces we will increase the discount.
Valid in store. Not valid online. You may call In your order 503-693-2832 and ASK for today’s discount.
Not valid on past purchases. Not valid on personalized shipped items. All sales final.
My Precious Kidcontinue reading
633 SE Baseline St
Hillsboro OR 97123
Starting tomorrow Monday April 6th, 2015 there will be a discount starting on regular priced merchandize in store only. Stop by and see for yourself all that is on sale.
The discount will increase as time gets closer to the closing of the store. As the discount level increases the level of inventory will reduce so less is available on sale. Shop early for the best selection.
This allows us to reduce inventory for the new owner. This discount will not be available online. For our loyal regular customers you may also call the store (503-693-2832) to order and ASK for the current discount. Remember all ALL SALES FINAL during this sale period. No returns, no discounts on past orders.
Thank you for your amazing support during this season.continue reading
At My Precious Kid we are keeping busy getting ready to close our Hillsboro Oregon retail store by April 30, 2015. We have put items on sale and reduced prices on clearance items. http://www.mypreciouskid.com/sale.html
We are also selling out fixtures. Check our craigslist ad for details and photos of items for sale.
If you would like to be notified about the new owners and their plans sign up for our newsletter at http://www.mypreciouskid.com/newsletter.html
Please stop by and see us at the store. We so appreciate all your support.
We are working with a buyer for the online business. The hopeful plan is that the WEBSITE will stay open (ran by another owner) after the retail store closes.
Starting Monday, March 9, 2015, all sales are FINAL. No returns!
We will be reducing INVENTORY over the next several weeks. Please stop by and check out our sale. Many of the sales prices will be reduced at our retail store but not on the website.
PLEASE sign up for the NEWSLETTER to get future info not website/business. http://www.mypreciouskid.com/newsletter.html
We will be DISCONTINUING the following product lines.
Diono Radian Car Seats
Plantwise Wetbags and diapers covers
Best Bottom Diapers
K’tan Breeze Carriers
Zoli Bot Straw Sippy
Eco Sprout Detergent
Rocking Green Products
Wool Dryer Balls
Lily & Momo Hairbows and headbands
Thank you for your support of the last 14 years of business. We really appreciate you!continue reading
15PKDIPE 15% off Pocket Diapers: Blueberry & Sweet Pea
10ALL 10% off for All-in-Ones: Blueberry & Sweet Pea
10BIB 10% off Bibs: Sweet Pea, Bummis, Green Sprout
Also in store we have 20% off all teethers. Stop by or call you order in and ask for the special.
NOTE: Code valid on regular priced merchandise only. No past purchases. Expires 03/15/2015 Valid online and in store.
Blissful Monday Photography will be doing free mini photo sessions with Easter props at My Precious Kid
Tuesday March 10, 2015 from 1 pm to 4 pm. Mini sessions will be 10-20 minutes per family.
Each participating family will receive a free digital print. Blissful Monday will also make other prints available for purchase online after the event.
Photos will be taken on a first come first served basis. Come starting at noon to get your numbered slot.
RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/727662834018025/
Recently we have added several new lines such as: Nuby, Lily & Momo, Changable Chewables and BeginAgain Toys. So now we must make room for these great products. So today starts our SPRING CLEANING!
To start with we have 99 products (plus their various color/size options) ON SALE at http://www.mypreciouskid.com/sale.html Prices are up to 50% off the retail price. Check them out.
These are all limited to stock on hand, all sales final. We have some great deals.
We are also offering a few COUPON CODE valid until the end of February.
Use BBSB15 for 15% off Blueberry Cloth Diaper Products
Use code SPD10 for 10% off Sweet Pea Cloth Diaper Products
Use code THD10 for 10% off Thirstie Cloth Diaper Covers
We are no longer going to be carrying Grovia diapers.
Please use code GVCD15 for 15% off Grovia Cloth Diapers – All Sales Final!
NOTE: On sale items: Some restrictions apply. Not valid on past purchases. Limited to stock on hand.
Thank you all for your amazing support. Please help us by SHARING this post on your Facebook page or blog.continue reading
* Mystery Discounts
* Door Prizes
* Sticker boxes for kids
* LOTS of new products
* Additional 10% off all orange tag clearance
* Free $10 Gift for the first 10 who purchase Monday 02/09/2015 in store
Please RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/576984205737475/
We have put 50 products on sale. Prices are as much as 20-50% off at http://www.mypreciouskid.com/sale.html Order soon for the best selection.
Child ID Bracelet 25% off
Powerstrip Cover 25% off
Bathroom Safety Kits 25% off
Skip Hop Moby Floating Tub Thermometer 20% off
Potty Book & DVD 50% off
Sound Sleeper 20% off
Swaddles 25% off
Baby Cubes 30% 0ff
PW Sandwich Bags 40% off
Skip Hop Dishes 20-25% off
Select Cloth Trainers up to 22% off
Select Cloth Diapers up to 30% off
Wet Bags up to 27% off
While supplies last. Not valid on past purchases.
We have created a coupon code just for you. Use coupon code 14VALMPK for 14% off your online order through 02/14/2015. http://www.MyPreciousKid.com
Valid ONLINE for regular priced items. Some restrictions apply according to manufacturer rules. Not valid on sale/clearance items. One use per person/household.
Door Prize 1, 2 and 3 belowcontinue reading