Web Pages Guidelines
1. Decide on a unique business name. Check the various spellings of any name you to choose to see who your competition would be if the client spelled wrong. You may need to register your business name with your state.
2. See if Your Business Name Domain name is available. You will want this web page URL on your biz cards. Use your web page email on all your emails and contact info. Kay@mypreciouskid.com is better than email@example.com
3. Decide which route to get your website up and running--will you build it your self or have someone else create it for you--will you have your shopping cart or just an order here link
You can build your own.
FREE web page software http://www.evrsoft.com/ and http://www.webmasterfree.com/software/356.html and and http://webpage.vendercom.com/ or download Netscape and use the Free Netscape Composer Program in it.
4. On your web page it will be up to you to collect the orders, fill the orders with product, and collect and handle all payments. You may need to have some inventory on hand to do this in a timely matter.
Take paypal for purchases online. Go to https://www.paypal.com
Learn how to take credit cards at /articles/credit-cards.html
This will increase your sales! You can handle credit card payments at your classes with this service too. Membership not required for payments.
5. Please create your own sales text however. Do not copy it from another vendor. You want your page to be uniquely you. Google does not like duplicate pages.
6. Add your own customer comments as you get them from customers you sell too.
7. Web Pages can make your business highly successful. It takes time and energy to build traffic to your web site. You are competing with millions other web sites. In the beginning it will be used for follow up for your offline customers. It lets your customers order additional products 24/7 plus have access to your product info to show others.
8. Make your domain name easy to say and spell and remember. Make your domain name something specific to you. I suggest a name that starts with a letter in the beginning on the alphabet. I also suggest a .com
9. Make your web page STICKY- meaning have things that brings them back again and again: a contest to enter, a newsletter sign up, freebies they can get, free downloads, etc.
10. Add a free chat room to do online parties
11. Have your catalog and flyer downloadable - printable from your web site
12. Have a form letting them request free flyers for an event
13. Add a form to request rep sign up info, party hosting sign ups, etc
14. Have a links page and swap links with other web sites. Having other pages link to yours increases your search engine ratings.
15. Come up with a good list of key words that you think people would use when searching for you. Include your business name and your name, product names, product descriptive words, and the names for the services you add in the list so your customers can find you. http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/
16. Have these key words also in your text of your first page. Make your text on your web page (especially the front page) unique to you not just a copy of the parent company. Talk about what YOUR business has to offer and why you are doing what you are doing.
17. Add text words to your code on your picture. Label them with your key words
18. Add meta tags in you html code including title, description, and key words.
19. Start a newsletter list on yahoo groups and put the newsletter signup box on the first page. It will bring customers back again and gives you a way to contact them and send them specials, updates for new products, safety info, etc.
20. Submit your site to search engines once and check out http://www.mypreciouskid.com/search-engines.html
21. Have a page of free things: links to free things for kids, a contest you offer, a form to order free brochures for their school or organization, articles on child safety, etc.
22. Learn how to do your own web page updates after your page was created by someone else. It is not hard.
23. Put your web site URL on every email you send out and on every piece of MPK sales materials you give out.
24. Put a site meter counter on your site so you can see how much traffic you are getting each day. www.sitemeter.com
25. Create a separate page for each product.
Copyright Kay Green
RECOMMENDED: Are you looking for a work from home company you can trust. I will not endorse a company that I have not used and participated in. I am happy to recommend the Send out Card Company! In fact. I joined them. If you would like to see what they are about go to https://www.sendoutcards.com/mypreciouskid/ and watch a 3 minute video and then send out 2 cards on me. Then go to https://www.sendoutcards.biz/mypreciouskid/ and watch the video on the opportunity! Let let me know if I can answer your questions. In fact this business is a perfect addition to another business. Use it to contact your customers/clients.
Articles written by Kay Green, Child Safety Expert, and Christian mom to Melissa 30 (married to Matthew), Jordan 27 (married to Katie), Allison 25, Haley 12. Kay and Russell, her husband of 33 years live in rural Oregon.
Kay's first granddaughter Madison
Kay was born December 2006. Twin grandsons Micah & Mason
May 2009. Granddaughter Emma Kate was born in September 2010.
http://www.MyPreciousKid.com Child Safety, Cloth Diaper & Baby Gear Store
http://www.KayGreen.com Author and Family Site
http://www.BuildItRightBusiness.com Helping others build businesses
Kay has also joined Send Out Cards - A Greeting Card Business
COPYRIGHT 2000-2013 My Precious Kid, Kay Green.
All rights reserved. Reprinting is only with this author's box and copyright intact.